Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday humor

I found out about a funny blog through the always entertaining Sarah. (She posted a funny conversation between a girl and her mother.)

The blog (The Customer Is Not Always Right) is about customers and the not so smart things they sometimes say. I'm sure my sister (who worked at Starbucks for a few years) could add some things on to there! I cut and paste a few in here for you to read. Enjoy! I'm currently on page 6. I figure I'll read a few more tonight and continue tomorrow!


One Dangerously Pressurized Coffee, Coming Up

Coffee Shop | Eugene, OR, USA

Me: “Hi, what can I get for you?”

Customer: “Can I get a 16 oz. coffee in a 12 oz. cup?”

Me: “No. We can’t do that here.”

Customer: “What are you talking about? They do this for me every time I come here!”

Me: “I’m sorry, but there’s no way we can put 16 oz. of coffee in a 12 oz. cup.”

Customer: “Yes you can! You’ve always done it!”

(The customer’s friend was standing next to her at the time.)

Customer’s friend: “Um, I think you meant a 12 oz. coffee in a 16 oz. cup.”

Customer: “… ooooh. Yeah, that’s what I meant!”

Me: *facepalm*




There Are No Stupid Questions, Just Stupid People, Part 2

Garden Center | Toronto, ON, Canada

(I overheard a coworker trying to help someone choose a plant.)

Coworker: “Hi, how can I help you today?”

Customer: “I’m looking for a nice plant for the front of my house.”

Coworker: “Alright, we have a number of excellent options to choose from. What kind of sun exposure does the spot get?”

Customer: “Well… it’s light all day, then dark at night.”

Me: *losing hope*




Next Time, Less Hair, More Planning

Buffet Restaurant | Ottawa, Canada

(My mother is a hostess in a Chinese buffet restaurant. Said restaurant only has Chinese employees. A woman with a fully stacked plate angrily approaches her.)

Woman: “Excuse me! There’s a hair in my food! You have to give this meal to me for free!”

(My mother looks at the woman’s plate, and what does she find? A single long blonde hair, neatly laid on top of her plate.)



More Frisky Than Frail

Retail | Cincinnati, OH, USA

(A man of at least 80 years of age came up to my checkout lane. Here’s what happened as I was bagging his last item.)

Me: “Man, I just don’t think this is gonna fit in here.”

Customer, completely straight-faced: “That’s what she said.”

Me: “I’m sorry?”

Customer, still straight-faced: “That’s what she said.”

(Needless to say, I nearly died of laughter. If

1 comment:

LucyinStLou said...

Oh dear, I wonder what's becoming of our society sometimes. But still this is hilarious!