Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pew buckets

**I've stuck a couple questions at the end to get your opinions. I'd love to know what you think. Please leave a comment!** :-)

Originally, we were going to put some of the standard white bows on the pews. However, I fell in love (and I think my mom did, too) with the look of galvanized buckets with flowers in them. (Sorry - I don't remember where we found this picture).




It would nicer, but more expensive, to get real flowers. However, I'm not sure it would make that much of a difference since they're just for a little extra decoration. All the other flowers at the ceremony (bouquets, bouts, altar arrangements, etc.) will be real flowers. We found these on sale for a nice price!

We have enough buckets (still working on the flowers) to do every other pew all the way down the aisle.

This is the front of the bucket, the side that would be facing out toward the aisle.





This the back view. They're not as full in the back, but this side would be against the pew.



I'm not sure what color ribbon we'll use. We could use white, black (the color of the BM dresses), or green (some of the flowers will be green and the table runners have green on them).



What color ribbon do you think will look best?

Do you think the buckets look full enough?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee,

what a beautiful idea!
The buckets look perfect and full enough

I would go with white ribbon to coordinate with the flower colors

I think black would look horrible

Maria said...

I think a green ribbon would look nice, and the bucket looks full enough. Great idea!!

andrea said...

What a great idea! I have never seen this before. Initially I was thinking a sheer green organza would look beautiful. I am also having black BM dresses, and have been thinking about changing the ribbon on the bouquets to a green instead of a black.