Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Monograms?

Is anyone really good at making monograms? I've tried before in Adobe, Photoshop, or something like that. It's just not my thing. I'm not the best with artsy things.

I've heard some people say you shouldn't use one like the one I have below (with your married initial) until the reception because you will be married then. Is that true?

Here's one I made a while back before I'd decided on my accent color. It's not my favorite. I would change the L to a green color.



I know I can pay someone to make them, but I'd rather not. We won't be using it all over the place, so I'm not sure it'd be worth it to pay someone.

I was hoping maybe one of you lovely readers might be handy with monograms and be willing to make one or two for me? Some people say it doesn't take long. Well...it does when you're me, and you don't know what you're doing! :-) Or do you have any recommendations on how to make them? Fonts, sizes, etc.?

I believe this one belongs to Meghan (Matt-n-Megs).






This one is nice. I like the colors: black, white, and green. The background might be a little much, though.


3 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

It's true, it isn't proper etiquette to use your married initial until you are married.

I've never made a monogram before or I would help you. :)

Mary said...

Yes, if you're interested in etiquette, then you're not supposed to combine your initials before you're actually married. We used our separate initials on our programs and our married monogram at the reception.

And sorry, I'm terrible at that stuff. I basically just downloaded a fancy font and stuck our intials together.

Aimee said...

Thanks Mary and Julia! :-)

Mary - do you have your monogram in your bio? I'm just curious what it looks like. I definitely would need some inspiration to try to create one!