Monday, June 9, 2008

Sweet FI

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I went to a wedding show today at West County Mall. My mom always helps me in my booth at these events. I couldn't leave the harp alone to get lunch or even go to the bathroom! Plus, it helps to have someone else to talk to potential clients if I'm playing a piece.

FI and my dad were working hard at my house while I was gone. My dad showed FI how to powerwash the deck, and FI finished it. We need to replace a few boards and restain the deck. FI also powerwashed the back side of the house. My dad was busy inside spackling some walls in the downstairs bedroom so my mom and I can repaint it soon. My sister's cat LOVED to scratch the drywall and left the walls pretty scratched up in some areas!

While I was packing up and coming home from the show, FI went to the grocery store to get food to cook for dinner. He's a great cook. His only flaw is that he tends to make WAY too much food for the two of us! He grilled some veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, onions, carrots, and peppers), made kabobs (chicken with veggies marinated in a greek marinade and steak and veggies), and made couscous. It was delicious and healthy!

He also bought me some of my second favorite flower - the stargazer lily. Most of them are still closed up waiting to bloom, so I will just post a picture of stargazer lilies.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow...dinner sounds great! e cooks but I can't fathom how he walks into Schnucks and doesn't think to buy any of the beautiful flowers they have! I LOVE fresh flowers in the house!