Thursday, June 26, 2008

If I were this bride, my parents would kill me!



I read the Wedding Bee blogs. Today there was a post regarding a venue a bride no longer needed.

...last minute wedding in San Francisco but can’t find a venue? ...has paid a $15,000 non-refundable deposit on the famous Yank Sing Restaurant for the evening of 9/13/08 from 4-11pm and has planned to marry elsewhere. Yank Sing houses 300 guests and her event is fully-transferrable. She’s looking to recover $10,000 from her deposit, which means you can book the venue for a $5,000 discount. She’s also booked a photographer, florist, videographer, deejay and lighting package which she is willing to transfer to you if you’re interested, and looking to recover 50-75% of her costs on them. Check out her listing in the Weddingbee classifieds for more information.


It's a beautiful place, but wow - that's a lot of money! I'm sure the other vendors are equally pricey.

I wonder if she paid for the deposit, or her parents (or his) did? My parents would kill me if they put that much down for a venue, plus the other vendors, and then changed my mind. I'm hoping there's a better reason than just changing one's mind.

In all reality, though, my parents would never have been ok with a place that has a $15,000 non-refundable deposit. I wonder how much the reception was going to cost in all?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! thats crazy! my parents would just die. but i suppose if you can afford a 15k non-refundable deposit then you probably won't really miss that money to begin with.

Julia Goolia said...

Damn, that is insane. It's so sad when weddings get called off, but I always have to think there must be a good reason for doing so!

I'd be setting up a payment plan to pay my parents back asap:)

Aimee said...

Julia- it says she plans to marry elsewhere. Although, maybe you're right. Maybe they called it off and didn't want to tell people that, so they said they're marrying elsewhere? Who knows. Either way, it's still an insanely expensive reception location!