Thursday, March 27, 2008

Snails


Snails are what we make out of our leftover pie crust. When we were little, sometimes my nana would make a whole batch of snails and not make any pies. We used to have tea parties with nana. She would make snails, put milk in her Beatrix Potter teapot, and then read us a story or two. Fond memories.



Snails are very easy to make.






  1. Make the pie crust mentioned in a prior post.


  2. Roll out the pie crust.


  3. Spread some margarine on the crust.


  4. Top with a cinnamon sugar mixture.


  5. Roll up the crust like a jelly roll.


  6. Cut into small pieces.


  7. Bake at 375 for a few minutes (I have no idea how long - just keep an eye on them).


They are most delicious when they're warm right out of the oven. They're also good when cooled, though.

2 comments:

The Bugala's said...

I've made these out of crescents as well. Yummy! Oh wait that was pre WW. :)

Heather said...

I used to make those too. I miss those. Now you made me want some