Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I've been tagged

I have been tagged by the lovely Amanda. Here's the rules: Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged!

1. When I was in elementary school I attended a summer "camp" at our local library. One day they had a burping contest. I can make myself burp easily - nothing huge, just a small burp. However, none of the other kids could make themselves burp. I won the contest and won a certificate to KFC!

2. I don't eat anything that lives in water - no lobster, shrimp, fish, etc. A lot of people think I'm pretty odd. I think it's due to my texture issues that I have with some foods and that I don't like the smell. I also don't like any kind of melon.

3. When I get married, my name will almost be the same as my future sister-in-law's. The only difference is that her name is Amy, not Aimee.

4. I'm kind of a pack rat. I really hate to get rid of things, because you never know when they might come in handy! I actually managed to clean a lot of stuff out of my laundry room/storage room with my mom the other weekend. I need to continue to weed out stuff, though, so that my FI can actually move in in October!

5. I have had some very memorable "big" birthdays. I turned 13 in Hawaii on vacation with my family. I turned 16 in St. Malo, France while I was studying abroad during the summer. During the summer of 2001, I was also studying abroad in France. I turned 21 in Paris. My friends and I actually went to TGI Friday's to eat because we wanted some American food.

6. Most people who hear me play the harp assume I majored in music. When I tell them I'm a teacher, they think I teach music, not 2nd grade. Not even close - I don't even have a minor in music. I love music and harp but was worried I would get sick of it if I had to practice hours and hours each day. I ended up getting Bachelors degree in Elementary Education and in French. Over a year ago I got my Masters in Education. Harp is just something I enjoy doing on the side. Yes, my interests are quite varied.

7. I'm going to miss my sister (MOH) when she moves out. We fought a lot when we were younger. However, we've become good friends as we've gotten older. She moved in about 1.5 years ago when she moved back home from Chicago. It's fun watching shows like Project Runway with her and making snarky comments about people. She's probably moving out in May. I will be living by myself again, then, until FI moves in at the beginning of October.

I'm going to tag Yara, Teresa, Amanda, Melissa, Sara, Amber, and Sharon.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok, I didn't know you just did this, so..you got tagged again!

Mary said...

I'm incredibly intrigued that you play the harp. How long have you been playing?

Aimee said...

I've been playing the harp since 6th grade (I think 1991 or so). I played piano for a few years in elementary school before that. You can listen to little snippets of me playing on my website: www.aimeeshowers.com