Friday, August 1, 2008

SYTYCD (loooong post)

Yes, I know this first part is "so last week," but I haven't had time to post.

I am so mad that Mark is still on the show and Will had to leave! Will is an absolutely amazing dancer. I'm bummed I won't get to see him dance on the show anymore. Mark is ok, but I don't think he deserves to be in the top 6. That's my personal opinion, though. His style of dance is a little too weird for me.

My favorite season was last year - season 3. There are some good dancers this year, but I still love Danny, Sabra, and Neil from last year. (Will reminds me a lot of Danny, who also had amazing technique.) While he wasn't technically as good as the 3 I mentioned, I really liked Hok, too. His hair drove me nuts, though. FI took me to see the show last year. I wanted to get a pair of scissors and cut the super long parts of Hok's hair!

Overall, I like the routines from last year better than this year. More of them stick out as memorable to me. These are just a few of my favorites. There are a ton of great routines from last year, though!

This routine from Danny and Lacey was definitely one of my top favorites of the season. So sexy!



As for Neil, how could you not like him? His turns and leaps are insane! Pretty much every routine he did I loved. I absolutely loved the jazz routine he did with Sabra.



The intro before the hip-hop dance with Neil and Sabra is hilarious. Shane (the choreographer) said that Neil lacked sex appeal. (Seriously...is Shane crazy?!) Anyway, Neil said that asking him to be sexy is like asking Nigel to be British.



The contemporary dance with Neil and Danny was quite interesting, too.



They weren't my favorite dancers, but for some reason, I loved this routine.



This clip is from season 2. I loved it! Neither of them is even close to a hip-hop dancer.



I wish Shane Sparks didn't leave the show to go to America's Best Dance Crew. I miss his great hip-hop routines.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere to buy past seasons of the show? I would love to own seasons 2 and 3!

No comments: