Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Food Diary

Hi to those of you who are still reading this. :-) It has been a long time since I posted. We had a fabulous trip to Europe in June as our delayed honeymoon. Last weekend, we celebrated our first anniversary. I can't believe it's already been a year!

I have put on some weight since the wedding. To help me become healthier (and lose weight), I am using My Food Diary, a site suggested by a friend. It kind of reminds me of Weight Watchers e-Tools. However, I feel like it gives me a LOT more information that will encourage me to eat healthier foods. On WW, you could technically spend your points eating very unhealthy items, and the computer wouldn't tell you differently. (Unless they have changed the program since I last used it.) On MFD, for every food you enter, it tells you how you are doing with your calories for the day, fat grams, saturated fat, etc. It also then adds it up per meal and the whole day. I am going to try to post my daily results on here fairly regularly to keep me accountable.

DAILY TOTALS
Food DescriptionCaloriesFatSat. FatTrans. FatCholesterolSodiumCarbsFiberSugarsProteinVitamin AVitamin CCalciumiron
Totals
Percentage of Calories
1,199
25.5
18%
5.7
4.1%
0
0%
813190
192.1
62%
29.3
9%
67.5
22%
10-35% of calories. The ideal range is 10-15%.','#CCFFCC', 250,'#000000')" onmouseout="hideddrivetip()" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold;">
62.4
20%
33049
††
177.2
††
1126
††
34.5
††
Typical Percentages: Fat 20-35%, Carbohydrates 45-65%, Protein 10-35%, and Saturated Fats less than 9%
††Incomplete data


I got a red (unhealthy) box for calories because I was ONE calorie under for the day. Silly!! My other red box is for sodium. I had canned soup at lunch and used it to make our chicken crockpot dinner. Luckily, I don't have high blood pressure, so it's not that big of a deal. I plan to keep my sodium level lower today.

The light green boxes are "healthy," and the dark green boxes are "very healthy." I'm quite pride of how many dark green boxes I got yesterday! :-) Yeah!

Even if you are not trying to lose weight, I highly recommend MFD. It makes you think more about what you are eating and if it is really something that is healthy for you to be eating. If you have any questions about MFD, please don't hesitate to ask!

Oh, also, there is a "forum" with message boards. I have gotten several yummy recipes (that we've already tried and liked) from the boards. There are also groups you can join. As well as having the food tracker, there is an exercise tracker and measurement tracker. MFD does it all!

If every day were like today ...
You would lose 1.6 lbs per week.
At a glance ...

Notes
A high-fiber breakfast can help you lose weight and reduce your risk for heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
You met your water consumption goal!
You have eaten fiber-rich foods. This is a good indicator of a healthy diet.
Saturated fats only accounted for 4.2% of your calories. Good job staying below the 9% limit!
You consumed 1129 mg of calcium. This is 113% of the recommended daily value (1000 mg) for adults under 50 years old.
You consumed 177.2 mg of vitamin C. This is 161% of the recommended daily value (110 mg) for adult women who drink.
You consumed 33049 IU of vitamin A. This is 1,102% of the recommended daily value for women.
You consumed 34.5mg of iron. This is 192% of the recommended daily value for pre-menopausal women.
No exercise.
You consumed 3193mg of sodium. Ideally, this number should be below 2300mg.

No comments: