Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chocolate pb oatmeal

I had this for breakfast Sunday morning. It was yummy and kept me full for quite a long time. The only con about this breakfast is it look a little funny since the hot cocoa mix makes the oatmeal a pretty brown color. :-) It was yummy, though, and I liked the hint of pb.


Chocolate PB Oatmeal

1 packet of plain oatmeal
1 packet of sugar-free hot chocolate mix (I used the diet Swiss Miss that has added calcium.)
3/4 cup water
1-2 tsp. peanut butter (I used Jif, reduced fat, creamy.)


Microwave it all together and stir well. It tastes almost like the no-bake chocolate/oatmeal drop cookies my grandma used to make. YUM.


My modifications- I used 1/2 cup of quick oats from a big canister and cooked them according to the package (1 cup of water). I only microwaved the oats, water, and chocolate. When it was done, I stirred in 2 tsp of peanut butter. According to MFD, the breakfast was rich in fiber, a good source of carbs, contained a healthy amount of protein, and was low in cholesterol and saturated fat.


This recipe contains 232 calories, 6.6 g fat, 9.4 g protein, 5.6 g fiber, and 31% daily calcium.

No comments: