I made these yummy pecans for Bunco when I hosted last week. They were absolutely delicious! Quite a few people didn't have much room for dessert because they ate so many.
I made 1.5 batches because of the amount of pecans I had already bought. I ended up using 2/3 Splenda and 1/3 sugar to try and reduce the calories. On another website I read, a lady said she used all Splenda. I think I will try it next time.
This is something that would definitely be good to make around the holidays. It's easy to make, and people really enjoy it!
Sugar and Spice Pecans
50 min 5 min prep SERVES 16 , 4 cups
1 lb pecan halves
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
- Beat the egg white and water until frothy but not stiff.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the pecans and stir well until the pecans are completely coated.
- Spread the nuts on a large baking sheet and bake at 200 degree Fahrenheit for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven when dry and toasted.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.