Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weight loss :-(

I was doing really well with losing weight the past couple of months. I've kind of hit a standstill, though. Not a plateau in my weight loss so much, but in my mind. I guess I just got tired of it for a while! I really need to get back into the groove. I definitely want to be healthier, thinner, and more toned by my wedding in October.





I even got these cute new running shoes:



I plan to start the Couch to 5K program ( http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml )

Does anyone have any motivational tips to get me back in the health groove?

Also, any advice on taking up running?

2 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

I am a big fan of Asics running shoes, good pick!

My advice as a PT is please be careful not to overdo it with the running. If your body is not used to running you'll have to go slow and be consistent. I'm not familiar with the program you mentioned but it sounds like a good idea. Just make sure to pace yourself, and only run every other day, and you may want to combine it with some strength training and stretching, too.

Good luck!

Aimee said...

Thanks Julia! It's a program that is for 3 days a week. You start off jogging for like 60 seconds, then walk for 90 seconds for the first week or two. Then you slowly increase the running time. It's supposed to be a 2 or 3 month program, but they say to take it slower if you need to.

I definitely plan on doing some strength training and have a few "runner's stretches" I printed off from coolrunning.com.