Thursday, February 21, 2008

Randomness...

Oops! I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted on here. Sometimes I forget since I post things on STLWed that are similiar to what I post on here.

- Today is another snow day!! This is our 4th this year. Considering it doesn't look that bad out, I was shocked to be called at 6 AM (while I was blow-drying my hair) to be told we don't have school. There's already a thin sheet of ice which is making it dangerous. We're supposed to get a mix of snow/freezing rain/ice throughout the day and some overnight. We're thinking we'll probably be off school again tomorrow. This means that we have lost 4 days of our 3 week spring break. If we're off tomorrow, we will be going an extra day at the end of the school year.

- We decided to change the bridesmaids' dresses from short to long. They are exactly the same style and color - just longer. The hope is that my sister and cousin can get the dress cut off after the wedding so they can wear it again.

- We hired a band for the reception! I'm very excited to be having the Charlie B. group. They will also be playing some of the songs that Fantasy plays. Fantasy is the same group with the addition of a female singer. My mom, sister, and I prefer male singers.

- I have also hired a trumpet for the ceremony. It will sound so great with the organ!

- This weekend is going to be great!! I actually have NOTHING on my calendar on Saturday and Sunday- no weddings to play at and no consultations with brides. It is extremely rare for me to get a whole weekend to myself! I'm supposed to go to a G&C night tomorrow night, but we'll see how the roads are. I'm excited to have today and this weekend to get caught up on some things - mainly cleaning. I hate to clean, but I have been putting it off because I've been so busy lately.

- I'm hungry! The bad thing about snow days is I get hungry because I'm not on my normal school schedule. It's so easy to just eat everything around the house!

No comments: