Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cookies!

I'm a part of the Secret Pals group at my school. My Secret Pal gave me some beautiful flowers and chocolate covered strawberries today. Yum!! I was inspired to make cookies for my Secret Pal, as well as give her a few other little things for V-Day.

So, I went to Wal-Mart. It's always nuts there. I much prefer Target, but Wal-Mart was on the way home. I would prefer to make cookies from scratch, but really didn't have the time for it tonight. Plus, I thought it would be nice to make 2 batches, so I could give some to my sister (as thanks for going all over the area to go dress shopping with me), some to my parents, and some to my colleagues in 2nd grade. I bought the cake mix and a few other ingredients while at Wal-Mart.

The cookies didn't take long to mix together, but it took a while to bake them all. They turned out quite yummy! I used chocolate cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of butter (melted), 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1/4 c. packed brown sugar.

I think they would be really good with white chocolate chips. Unfortunately, I thought of this once I was home and it was too late.

I saved a few cookies for FI, but not too many. I sent him a small cookie "bouquet" that he should get tomorrow. Plus, we're both watching our weight, so we don't need many!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Do you have a pic of the cookie bouquet? Those are always so cute!!