Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Book recommendations?

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm going on vacation in a few weeks. My parents and taking my sister and me on a cruise to the Caribbean. We've been there numerous times, so we'll actually be spending a lot of time on the ship relaxing - exactly what I need! My sister and I usually play a game or two of Scrabble a day. (Yep - we're dorks like that!) I'm looking for some book recommendations, though, as we also do a lot of reading.

I tend to read a lot of "chick lit" books. I definitely don't want anything too "hard" (for lack of a better word). As you all know, I'm stressed, so I just want some easy reads. Any good books I should check out from the library?

3 comments:

Anna said...

Off the top of my head here are some good picks:

any book by Meg Cabot (she is my new favorite author I just finished the first two Queen of Babbles and I LOVE the Heather Wells series)

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin

Something Blue by Emily Giffin (I didn't like it as much as the first one, but still worth the read. She has athird one Babyproof I haven't read yet but it is not part of the Something series)

Twighligt series (Twighlight, New Moon, Eclipse-they are YA books but VERY good and they are making a movie!)

Uglies series (also YA but good there are four of them Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras)

I've started watching trashionista.com for my future reads. All they do is review chick lit.

Happy Reading and have fun on your vaca!
Anna

Unknown said...

"Big Boned" by Meg Cabot had me laughing out loud, I just finished it a few weeks ago.

Also "Can you keep a secret" and "Undomestic goddess" by Sophie Kinsella or hilarious and great chick lit

Anonymous said...

My friend just read "The Painted Kiss" by Elizabeth Hickey. I haven't read it yet, but she can't stop raving about it.

I am jealous of your trip! Lucky duck!