Monday, September 22, 2008

Aw, how sweet!

I had my final dress fitting yesterday. My seamstress, Connie, is absolutely amazing! You would never know the dress was at least 3, if not 4, sizes too big when I went to her less than 2 months ago. It is stunning and fits like a glove. My mom came to the final fitting yesterday with her good friend to learn how to do my complicated double bustle. There are 10 snaps and 15 ties, I think. Luckily, Connie was able to color code the ties to make it a little easier, but it's still pretty complicated! The double french bustle is gorgeous - it reminds me of Marie Antoinette or other French royalty. Love it!

The main point of this post is a sweet email I got from my dad this morning:

Mom said your dress is beautiful!!! I'm sure even more so with you in it :)

Love,
Dad

Isn't that so sweet? I'm lucky to have such great parents. My mom sent me an email last night, too, telling me how great I looked in the dress. All the hard work of watching what I eat has paid off!

7 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm so excited for you! What a great feeling.

What a sweet e-mail from your Dad!

I can't wait to see the dress. Only a few more weeks! =O

Maria said...

Yay! That's so exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of you in it. :-)

Coree said...

Oh, I can't wait to see pics! Congrats on the weight loss. What are your weight loss secrets? I need to lose weight.

Katie said...

Aww, what a sweet little dad you have!!

Aimee said...

Coree - I've really been focusing on food. I've actually been letting myself have pretty much any food, but in moderation. It's really helped a lot. I don't feel deprived. I've also really tried to eat more slowly and stop eating when I start to feel full, even if I'm not close to done with my meal. Good luck!

LC said...

YAY Aimee! I can't wait to see you in your dress! I saw you in it so long ago before you lost the weight and you looked great then! I can't wait to see you now!

Anna said...

Aww, your dad is so sweet!