3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup chopped mild onions
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups milk (I used skim and it was still good)
1 block of Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded (The wrapper is red.)
Dash of pepper, if wanted
- Melt butter. Cook onion until tender, but not brown.
- Blend in flour and pepper.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add cheese; stir to melt.
- Top with croutons if desired.
If you try it, I hope you like it! It's filling for dinner, with a nice salad or half a sandwich.